Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Frustration

As I signed up for classes over the summer, I had many options. So I signed up for all the classes I wanted. Nevertheless, I got into all of them. In my search for books at the beginning of the year, I ended up finding out that my friends had some of the books that I was going to need for the upcoming semester. The books that I borrowed from some friends were, The Grouchy Grammarian, Local Politics, and The Brief Penguin Handbook, or so I thought I was going to be able to borrow them. This is not where the frustration begins. Out of the three books that I was going to borrow from my friends I got two of them, The Grouchy Grammarian and Local Politics. I was happy I got two out of the three. I asked another friend if "the Brief Penguin Handbook" was needed. His/her answer was that I was not going to need that book. My friend that I would have borrowed the book from said that he/she needed to go look for it. A few days later, I was told that my friend forgot that he/she had sold it back. So I decided that it wasn't in my financial interest to buy the book, especially if I was not going to need it. I am not at all frustrated yet.

As class progressed, it became obvious to me that I was going to need that book after all. Still grasping the fact that I was informed that I was not going to need the book, I still did not buy it. Then last Thursday, I must admit, I was blind sided by the fact that I did not read the Green Sheet and notice that there would be a quiz on Tuesday. By this time I should be frustrated at myself, but I am not. Monday rolls along well; however, I remember there is a quiz tomorrow. This is my train of thought, "Shit, I got to get that book!" I walk over to the "trusty" Spartan Bookstore, and to my dismay the book is not there. I think, "Oh shit, I am so busted for tomorrow." This is where my frustration started. I call up some fellow classmates to see if, by any chance they has read the book yet and if so, were they willing to let me borrow the book so I could study. The first call I made the answer I got was, "Dude, I have not even touched that book yet, Sorry bro." The second call, "Yeah, I have the book, but I just bought it today. So I don't think I can let you borrow it. I got it at Robert's Bookstore." Frustrated that I had to walk to Robert's Bookstore now.

Eagerly trying to get the book, I speed walk to Robert's Bookstore, and find out that there is only one copy left. So I grabbed it because it was the last one and it was BRAND NEW. Did not care how much it was going to cost me. Paid the cashier and walked on over to my 6 o'clock class. By 9 o'clock I got to my house and got started on my homework. Still putting off the other readings, I finished other homework. Finally around 11:45 P.M. I was ready to read The Brief Penguin Handbook. Looking for the chapters I was suppose to read, I noticed some of the pages were falling out, so I turned to those pages. This is where I really get frustrated. I found out that some of the pages were bound incorrectly and backwards. You would think that because it was a BRAND NEW book, the pages would at least be right side up and bound in the order it should have been bound. But, NO it was not and I had to take apart the book that I JUST BOUGHT and put the pages in the right order.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]