Friday, October 5, 2007

Midterms are here again. YAY (with all the sarcasm in the world)

Well, it is about that time again in the semester. You know that time where you cram and cram all day long for a whole week just so that you could pass your midterms. Yeah it is that time of the semester. For the past two semesters I have been at San Jose State I have had the luxury of my professors spreading out the midterms and essays through out the the semester. Each semester I could handle the loads of homework, essays, midterms, and projects that have been given to me (Except for that one professor who shall not be named, No it is not Professor Wood). However, this semester has been different, with my two week long leave away from school I had to play catch up especially because the semester was only beginning. Also, in part that this year, the professors that I chose designated theirs midterms, papers, and quizzes all around the same time. It is not that I am complaining, it is just in part that I wanted to say that next semester I need to plan my schedule better than I did this semester.



So in light of all this midterm, essays, projects, quizzes, and projects I found something very funny. I don't know about anyone else but in order for me to really stay awake I have to drink energy drink. Yes, I know that they are bad for you; however, I need it. I do want to pass my classes and graduate at the end of the school year. So back to energy drink. What is the purpose of an energy drink.



"Energy drinks are beverages like Red Bull, Venom, Adrenaline Rush, 180, ISO Sprint, and Whoopass, which contain large doses of caffeine and other legal stimulants like ephedrine, guarana, and ginseng. Energy drinks may contain as much as 80 mg of caffeine, the equivalent of a cup of coffee. Compared to the 37 mg. of caffeine in a Mountain Dew, or the 23 mg. in a Coca-Cola Classic, that's a big punch. These drinks are marketed to people under 30, especially to college students, and are widely available both on and off campus" (Health Department of Brown University).



Well that only means that energy drinks will make you stay awake for long periods of time. Okay, fine let's get to the funny part. I am at the library on Wednesday doing some reading drinking my energy drink because the day before I hardly got any sleep from doing all the other reading I had to do for other classes. So in the midst of my reading another student walks by and I look up. I don't know who it is but I notice that he was holding a Monster Energy Drink. So I think, he must be doing some reading and catching up too. So I go back to my reading minding my own business. 5 minutes later, I hear this loud snore, so I look up. I was thinking who could that be. After looking up I see that same guy that had the energy drink in his hand with his head down on his back pack and the Monster in his right hand snoring so loud. I said wow that energy drink worked out really well for him. Yeah, I thought energy drinks were suppose to keep you awake for a long time at least enough that you could do some reading not sit down for 5 minutes and pass out.


Quote: http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/atod/energydrinks.htm

Comments:
This is great info to know.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]