Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What Do College Students Do on Their Free Time?

How much time does a student really have? I must say that a student does not have enough time to do much of anything. Most student have the time to do their homework, essays, projects, and studying among other things that school requires him/her to do. But if you had the time, what would you do with it? I asked this question to many of my friends and I got many of the same answers. The consensus was that most of my friends would like to go out to the mall or hang out with other friends. Another answer that many agreed to was to go drinking. Well, after asking some of my friends I felt that I was not getting anywhere with the question that I asked them. However, after more answered the same way, I finally got something new. This person will be remain nameless, however, his response was last semester when he had very little time away from school he made a wallet. I was impressed with this new answer. So I said, "I see, you made a wallet." Then I turned around and walked away because I thought he was joking with me.



Later on, he goes to pay for his share of lunch and I see that his wallet is covered in duct tape. So, I said, "Ey bro now I can tell you made your wallet, because its almost torn apart that you had to duct tape it together." All my friends started laughing because of what I had said. He calmly responded, "Dude, I made this wallet. It is the new thing! It is called a duct tape wallet. Look." So I took his wallet and surprisingly it did not have a wallet inside rather cardboard that was measured to make a wallet.



After seeing and feeling this wallet, I asked him where did he got the idea for it. He said, "he saw it online at a store and it was selling for an expensive price. So I decided that why spend that much when I could spend less and make it myself."



This is what it looks like.







So I did a little bit of research on what he was talking about. On eBay duct tape wallets sell for 10 dollars and up to 8 dollars in shipping.



To my knowledge duct tape cost 8 dollars already for a roll. And cardboard could be found at home along with scissors. So how much should one really pay for this wallet?




This is ingenious, how they make wallets out of duct tape and cardboard. But I have found more items that one could make with duct tape: skirts, roses, check books, hand bags among other things. Practically this means anything can be made as long as duct tape and cardboard are capable of shaping that way.

Photo Credit: http://www.ducttapefashion.com/

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]