Friday, September 14, 2007

My Experience in the Philippines Part 1

Well I am back from the Philippines now if you have not noticed.

There are many things that I am thankful for being here in the United States. The Philippines is totally different from the U.S. through weather, security, the laws, traffic rules, and the driving experience itself.

Coming in at 4:30 am on a day late August, you would come to believe that it would be cold and windy. Also you would believe that the day would be cold because the temperature on the TV screen on the airplane said 69 degrees Fahrenheit. As I stepped down from the airplane, it became apparent to me that even though I have been to the Philippines more than three times that I was still not ready for the weather. Taking that first step from the airplane I was blasted with the humidity and the heat at 4:30 in the morning. My feeling was cold airplane and right when you step through that door, I was hit with pouring sweat. You would think that someone through a bucket full of water on me, I was soaking in it. Everyday I wake up 5 o'clock in the morning, its really cold because I stayed in an air conditioned room, but in order for me to eat breakfast, I was suppose to leave the room and go to the table. As I come out of the cold room, it was that time again. Sweating and in the heat of about 75 degrees Fahrenheit, I did what any normal person that cannot stand that weather would do. Eat as fast as I could. From there I would stay in the room so that I would always be cold. However, after being in Las Vegas 3 weeks prior to my trip to the Philippines. The weather became more bearable. So throughout the rest of the trip I was able to handle the weather.













On the day that I left the Philippines, I had decided that I was going to come home in shorts and collared shirt. Being absent minded by that time. It never came to me that it was early September back in the United States. So in my mind, I believed "I'm coming home from the Philippines and it was hot so the U.S. will be hot too." Again, I was wrong. Upon exiting the airport I was shivering in coldness and because I did not have a jacket or sweater. Thankfully my Uncle Tony and Aunt Grace came within 5 minutes of me waiting outside in the cold. After loading my luggage I jumped into the car to find out that the Air Conditioning was on in there too. So I was still cold regardless of me being inside already. So lesson learned... Don't Judge Quickly.




Another part of my experience was the security. I have to be honest, The United States lacks security compared to the Philippines. Every mall and every eatery you go to there are at least two security guards. I would say that almost everywhere you go there are security guards. Even the locals McDonald's has a security guard. What do we have? Nothing. Although, the security guards do not really check you they at least open the door for you. However, when it comes down to mall security. In the Philippines, at the mall right when you walk in they check your purse or back pack at the door and they quickly pat you down to see if you have any weapons on you. Now how cool is that? In the U.S. where is that kind of security? I mean we have all the trust in the world but look how we use it. There are people that rob stores or hold people up or open fire in a mall. We can trust the people but look how much of an open target we are. In the Philippines they trust them but for security reasons might as well check all people. Wish I took a picture of this but I forgot to do so.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]